A funding programme to support innovators in Ireland to develop and demonstrate consumer and business solutions that will stimulate the circular economy is now open for applications.
The EPA-led Green Enterprise: Innovation for a Circular Economy funding programme will provide grant-aid to demonstration type projects.
The EPA are inviting proposals in the following thematic areas:
- Construction & demolition;
- Resources and raw materials (electrical & electronic equipment, textiles, furniture).
The maximum amount of funding available is €100,000 per grant award. Grant aid is provided on a shared cost contribution basis, from 25% up to 95% of the total eligible project costs incurred.
The indicative timeframe is as follows (all times are Irish Standard Time)
- 10th June 2020: Call opens
- 17:00 on 7th August 2020: Deadline for technical queries.
- 17:00 on 14th August 2020: Deadline for submission of applications
- 17:00 on 21st August 2020: Organisation approval deadline for authorisation by Managing Directors (or equivalent authorised signatory) for companies.
- End of September 2020: Evaluation process completed, applicants notified.
- End of November 2020: Successful projects grant-awarded.